After a week of vacation (check out my pictures from sunny San Francisco!) and lots of eating out, Brandon and I are trying to eat as fresh as we can this coming week! Even though we adore trying new restaurants and being adventurous with food, there is still nothing better than coming home from vacation and cooking for yourself!! Yesterday, we grabbed tons of fresh ingredients at the grocery store and I could not wait to get my hands on them!!
I was all too excited to put together lots of fresh veggies! I ended up compiling an eight vegetable salad! We both enjoyed this mix in a La Tortilla Factory Multigrain wrap! It was delicious and completely satisfying! I even have some leftover for lunches throughout the week! Give this one a try! I know you’ll love it!
Tomorrow: Vacation Food: The what, where, when, and why!!
*Side note* Brandon had the computer tied up last night, so this was all I could muster for today!
Eight Vegetable Salad by The Healthy Apron!
- 1 cup organic garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed, cooked, cooled
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed, cooked, cooled
- 1 large organic carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup broc0-slaw (the kind in the bag)
- 4-5 leaves of organic endive, shredded
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella (small cubes!)
- Dressing: 1 T olive oil + 2 T Fig Balsamic + pinch of sugar (courtesy of Jessica from How Sweet It Is)
Prep vegetables and combine in a large bowl. Add garbanzo beans and mix well. Prepare salad dressing (or use the dressing of your choice) and gently pour over salad. I ended up using only about 1/2 of the dressing mixture and found it coated quite nicely! Use your own judgment!! Place in fridge to cool or use immediately! Great as a salad or used in a wrap!!
Nutritional Profile: 168 calories, 5.5 g Fat (1.3 g Sat., 0.8 g poly, 3.0 g mono), 4.1 mg cholesterol, 23 g carbohydrates, 5.5 g Fiber, 6.7 g protein, 260 mg sodium, 343 mg potassium
- Vitamin A: 67%
- Vitamin C: 62%
- Folate: 25%
What is your favorite part about coming home from vacation?Print