Tis the season to be giving. This story touched our hearts and I am encouraging you to read the article of a 6 month old little boy currently being denied coverage for an almost $500, 000 surgery that could save his life. Please read the article HERE and follow to the fundraising website! Help make a difference. If you have a blog and voice, post this today!
I’m particularly excited about this coming weekend because tonight we are hosting our 3rd annual white elephant christmas party! I hope to one day Martha Stewart my way to being an excellent host, but while we are still apartment living, I can only handle so much. Last night I needed to make a treat for the party and after browsing through the blogosphere all week, I settled on a no bake peanut butter cookie recipe from Jessica at How Sweet It Is. Why? Because it was simple, looked amazing, and contained chocolate AND peanut butter!!
If you are stressing this holiday season and looking for a no fuss, quick, and easy recipe this hectic time of year, these are it. Within about 10 minutes my task was complete and I could move on to cleaning the rest of the apartment!
Hope everyone has a fun weekend and stays warm!! Thanks again for the recipe Jessica!!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (I found a brand with no HFCS but there were still some junk ingredients, I might try oat flour next time)
- 1/2 c + 1 T natural peanut butter, room temperature for easy mixing
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (rice syrup may be substituted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or I used pumpkin pie spice)
- pinch of ginger, optional (I left ginger out because it’s not my favorite flavor in sweets)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 T almond or coconut milk
Combine all ingredients, mixing well. Roll in to 1″ balls and press down with a fork (cross press). We had an assembly line going, something fun for the kids to take part in!!
Combine chocolate and milk in saucepan, melt and drizzle over cookies with spoon. Refrigerate 30-60 minutes before serving! Enjoy!
Nutritional Profile: 90 calories, 4.8 g fat (1 g sat), 9.3 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fiber, 4.5 g sugar, 2.3 g protein
ps. Just don’t use these to take the stress away!Print