Last night Brandon and I had a Monday night date (at home). We had wine, we had laughs, and we had super satisfied bellies!
We made a super simple recipe, which contained REAL ingredients, and is sure to appease even the hungriest appetite; Creamy Caprese Pasta by Jessica from How Sweet It Is Blog. I know I showcase A LOT of Jessica’s recipes but her pictures are totally insane and leave me drooling every time I visit!
Creamy Caprese Pasta
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup organic heavy cream (I’m an organic kind of girl)
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed (GOOD QUALITY! Kraft won’t cut it!)
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes (even better if you can get them from your garden or local Farmers’ Market!)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Boil noodles according to package directions.
Meanwhile, chop up your veggies and cheese and also make a BIG salad! Then heat your tomato sauce over low heat until warm; add cream and parmesan cheese. Stir well.
Once pasta is finished, drain and pour sauce over the noodles. Then add the mozzarella and basil. Stir well. In a 9 x 9″ baking dish, pour the pasta and sprinkle with more mozzarella and parmesan cheese (as you like). Bake ~20-25 mins. Plate and top with more basil, as you wish!
Nutritional Profile: This is a dish that was meant to be eaten mindfully and savored to the very last bite. Scoop yourself a small bowl, eat a big salad, have 4 oz of wine…and don’t think twice about it! That’s my kind of indulgence!
QUESTION: What is YOUR favorite indulgence?