Having a baby takes a toll on your whole body. There are wounds to heal, we are surviving on broken sleep, we are dealing with stress from adjusting to a new lifestyle, it’s easy to skip meals, binge, or eat less healthy, and I know you’re not drinking enough water!! There’s just less time in general to take care of YOU.
As a result of all these new changes, our skin takes quite a toll. I’m not sure if any other new moms felt this way, but I feel like my skin is looking tired, dull, and dry.
I know I’m not drinking enough water. I know I eat too much sugar on occasion. I know I don’t get enough sleep. I know I get stressed, and I know all of these things affect my skin.
Whether you have just had a baby or not, if you are guilty of any of these things, there’s a good chance your skin might need a little rejuvenating as well!
My new challenge this week, is to incorporate the following anti-wrinkle scrub in to my facial routine at least twice this week! I know this scrub isn’t going to help any of us lose weight, but one of the best ways to fight stress and feel better about ourselves is to do a few things just for YOU! Consider this facial scrub a quick and easy way to take a few minutes for yourself and get rejuvenated!!
I discovered this recipe as I was searching google for the best natural ways to get younger looking skin.
Here’s the potion:
Egyptian Revitalizing Coffee Scrub Recipe
courtesy of Divas Can Cook
- 3 T moist/used coffee grounds
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 tsp pure organic grade A honey
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Wash face gently with cool water to remove any dirt or makeup.
- Apply the scrub to your face and massage gently in a circular motion.
- Let the scrub sit on your face for about 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse the scrub off with cool water.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel.