After a few too many of these:
Remember those Buckeye Brownies?
And not enough of this:
I’ve decided to make this week extra healthy and extra fit!
How am I going to do this?
- Get my butt to the gym! I always get extra motivated when I see other people working out!
- Add LOTS Of veggies to every meal and snack! I’ve loaded the fridge with 3 kinds of greens, carrot, mushrooms, onions, and red cabbage!
- MORE WATER!!
- NO BAKING! If I don’t have it IN the house, I won’t be tempted to eat it!
- Make a meal plan. I like to write meal plans for myself when I get a little too lax. This gives me a plan to stick to and I am less likely to add in extras!
Since I’ve got lots of greens in the fridge this week, I’m trying to add them to everything!! My Mexican Enchiladas last night were no exception!
These enchiladas are tasty, filling, EASY, and healthy! What a great combination huh?
BEANS AND GREENS ENCHILADAS! (In the Crockpot)!
- 1 (15 oz) can of refried beans (or you could use black/pinto beans, mashed)
- 1 cup of organic corn
- ~25 oz of black bean and corn salsa
- 1 package (8 oz) of Frontera Enchilada sauce (or sauce of choice)
- 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese
- small onion diced
- 2 green peppers, diced (did not include but feel they would be an awesome addition)
- 2 cups of shredded, Swiss chard (or spinach, kale, etc)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 Multigrain La Tortilla Factory wraps
In a small bowl, combine refried beans, corn, cheese, cumin, salt/pepper, greens, peppers, and onions. Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup of bean mixture.
In a 3-5 qt slow cooker, pour 15 oz of salsa in the bottom of the dish. Spread evenly. Place each tortilla (seam side down), in the bottom of the cooker. Top with Enchilda sauce and about 10 more ounces of salsa. Sprinkle another 1/2 cup of cheddar, cover, and cook on high for about 2-3 hours.
Nutritional Profile (per 1 tortilla): 429 calories, 20 g fat (9 g sat, 2 g poly, 6 g mono), 42 mg cholesterol, 49 g carbohydrate, 15 g fiber, 5 g sugars, 28 g protein
*sodium content was skewed so I left it out.
QUESTION: What is the best way you rejuvenate after a couple weeks of eating a bit junky?Print