Day 7 Journal
I have always been a late night munch-er. It’s hard for me to go to sleep without wanting to eat something. Sometimes I’m truly hungry and sometimes I just spend too much time on Pinterest looking at delicious food and walk myself right into a craving. Thankfully, I know enough about portion control to keep any snacks after 8 o’clock light, but most of the time they are just unnecessary calories. Since I am no longer pregnant or nursing as much as I used to, I don’t really NEED those calories.
When I think about nixing my late night snack though, it breaks my heart. I don’t want to give it up. I had to think of something to replace a late night snack with. Enter: GREEN TEA.
I’ve never been much of a tea, coffee, hot chocolate drinker, but since giving birth, my tastes have changed a little bit. Call me old or whatever but I’m loving me some coffee and tea lately. To replace my late night craving, I have started brewing myself some Yogi Organic Green Tea (decaf); I add lemon and a couple drops of stevia. It is delicious and although it’s not something to EAT, it still helps to cut my late night craving! Not to mention I’m doing something really good for myself in the process! Just check out some of the benefits of drinking green tea:
- Weight Loss. The polyphenol found in green tea works to burn fat and increase your metabolism.
- Cholesterol. Drinking green tea has been shown to increase levels of GOOD (HDL) cholesterol!
- Blood sugar. Green tea helps regulate glucose levels by slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. High insulin spikes result in fat storage, preventing these spikes helps with weight-loss and prevention of diabetes!
- Anti-Cancer. The antioxidants in green tea (and many other teas) is thought to kill cancer cells. Yay!
- Skincare. I’m really big into preventing wrinkles and other signs of aging. Due to antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities, green tea might be able to help with this.
Just another way to boost nutrition, reduce calories, increase metabolism, and lose weight!
Miss my other journal entries?
- SQUEEZE INTO IT. Wearing tighter clothing might help you say “no” to that second helping!
- MAKE FITNESS FUN! It’s not just about killing yourself at the gym!
- A QUICK Way to Make EASY Weekly Meal Plans.
- Weight-Loss Help.
QUESTION: Do you like tea? What is your favorite variety?Print